It seems like only a couple of weeks ago I posted my bucket list for autumn… wait, it was only a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately winter has come even earlier than usual to Calgary and we’re currently looking at six inches of snow in our backyard.
Despite the early snow and the flu creating havoc, we managed to check off most of the things on the fall bucket list. We did have to resign ourselves to missing out on our last camping trip to Dinosaur Park as well as the corn maze. Now onto our winter bucket list.
2012–13 Winter Bucket List
- Weekend family skiing/snowboarding trip
- Attend Banff Santa Claus Parade
- Hayride in the snow
- Attend Lake Louise Ice Magic Festival
- Decorate for Christmas
- Trip to Jasper including the Icefields Parkway
- Do lots of sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing, winter hiking
- Trip to BC to visit family
- Build a snow fort
- Have a snow ball fight
- See Christmas light display at Confederation Park
- Visit friends and family around Alberta
- Play in the snow
- Make snow angels
- See and photograph the Northern Lights
- Visit with Santa
- Have a Christmas cookie exchange
- Celebrate winter solstice
- Hike the badlands in the snow
It looks like it’s going to be a long winter and we’re going to have to find a lot of fun activities to add to the list. We’re off to a good start though. We’ve already had a lot of fun playing in the snow – sledding, snowshoeing, snowball fights. We’ve gone for a Halloween pumpkin hunt in the snow (a first for us). What other adventures are in store? Knowing that some of our best adventures occur when we’re spontaneous and turn left instead of right, I can’t wait to see what we come up with.
Do you have snow where you are or are you still enjoying fall? What’s on your list?