I haven’t written a post for The Big Picture in a couple of weeks. There’s a few reasons including the regular excuses of being busy. However, the main reason is the changing direction and goals of the blog itself. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been dissatisfied with the lack of direction of The Big Picture. I’ve even thought about closing it down completely. I decided to practice what I preach… if it’s not working change it. I initially started The Big Picture as a writing exercise to chronicle my experience as a stay at home mom. Since starting the blog, several things have occurred.
- Previously vague concepts that form The Big Picture have been solidified during the writing process.
- I’ve been having a challenging time finding a preschool that I feel good about sending my son to in the fall. This has caused me to do further research in education, children and parenting.
- I’ve also been reading a lot of blogs and articles about nature, travelling, photography, adventures, etc. Many have been incredibly inspiring as aspirations to strive for but I think just as important others have reinforced ideas I don’t want part of my life.
- Writing The Big Picture has inspired me to spend more time posting on my photoblog. I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback on how it’s been inspiring.
- I’ve found that the writing process is more important and more inspiring to me that I previously thought possible.
Due to this, I’ve decided to make a couple of fundamental changes to my blog. Instead of being merely a writing exercise and a chronicle of my journey, I want to evolve The Big Picture to be a blog that inspires other families, that informs parents and involves the community as a whole. I’m not entirely sure what will happen with this new direction but I hope that you join me on this journey of discovery and that you will find inspiration to find your Big Picture. Let’s start this new adventure!